Sunday 22 March 2015

8th graders

Correction of the English Test (March 2015)


I: R.C. 


A. 1. British eating habits.

B. 1. a); 2. b); 3. a); 4. a)

C. 1. W; 2. R; 3. R; 4. W

D. 1. Girls between the ages of 11 and 18.

2. They ate food and drink high in sugar and fat such as processed foods, sweets, chocolates and fizzy drinks.

3. They are generally OK.

4. No, it isn’t. It has been a case for numbers of years now.

II: L. / Gr.

A. 1. b); 2. h); 3. g); 4. d); 5. c); 6. e); 7. f); 8. a)

B. honey: U; advice: U; table: C; salt: U; luggage: U; house: C; health: U; inofrmation: U; plant: C; bicycle: C

C. 1. money; 2. hamburgers; 3. advice; 4. sugar; 5. electricity; 6. music

D. Yesterday I (1) DID my homework very quickly because I wanted to go and help my mother (2) DO the shopping. Before we left, mum (3) MADE a list with the things that she needed so that we could (4) MAKE a cake for my birthday.
Mum (5) MADE the suggestion that we should bake a chocolate cake. This (6) MADE sense because I adore chocolate! This really (7) MADE me very happy. We had to go shopping very quickly because mum had lots of things to (8) DO before my birthday party!

E. 1. much; 2. many; 3. much; 4. much; 5. a lot of; 6. much

F. 1. WAS, LIKED; 2. STUDIED; 3. DIDN’T EAT; 4. WENT; 5. DID ... BEGIN


Correction of the Extensive Reading Worksheet (March 2015)
1. It is “Unsolved Mystery.”

2. The authors are Cláudia Regina Abreu, Cidália Sousa and Vanessa Esteves.

3. a) ... Jeremy, mother, Rachel and Rob.
    b) ... Rob.
    c) ... Oporto.
    d) ... two ...

4. He woke up because he heard the sound of footsteps. He thought it was his mum. When he opened the door nobody was there. He got back to bed but he decided to have a shower/ bath and change his clothes. Later as he couldn’t sleep he watched TV. Suddenly the TV switched off and he heard a voice calling for help: “Help me, help me. The Truth. Find the truth!”

5. He took a look around, he left the flat and noticed the pool area. He discovered a games room, a TV room and the best place in the house and on Earth: the kitchen. He couldn’t resist to the wonderful sweet food he saw there. There were some Portuguese women and one of them looked at me, pointed to some cupcakes on the table and I accepted one saying thank you.

6. Rachel:
School Year - 8th form
No. brothers - 3 older brothers
No. sisters - 2 younger sisters
Household chores - help mum out in the kitchen and help her aunt clean the rooms.

7. It is Menina Carminho’s diary.

8. They took it to the local paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment